Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Gordon in the morning: Could you make it out to my Mum? She's called Gordon, too...


Well, here's a photo sent to us by young Gordon of Wapping, who bumped into Brad Pitt while going out to see a film. "He was very nice" says Gordon, "and signed a magazine and a shoe and everything."

Actually, the real article is even more toe-curling, with Smart uncertain if he's trying to play it down or go OHMYGODIMETBRADPITT:

In fact, if ever I get round to penning my showbiz memoirs, Monday night almost surpasses the time I supped Kia-Ora with GEORGE SAMPSON in Bizarre HQ.

Thanks to director MATTHEW VAUGHN I was part of a star-studded, intimate afterparty celebrating his cracking new film KICK-ASS in London's Notting Hill.

Personally, I can't quite get past the idea that the man in charge of the showbiz pages of the UK's largest-selling newspaper chooses to run photos that make him look like someone in that awful NME column who got their mate to take a snap of them with Loz out of Kingmaker on a cameraphone.


2 comments:

Paul Wells said...

I don't want to sound like a complete pedant but didn't Kingmaker split up in the mid 90s? The only people who had cameraphones then whould have been time travellers and they probably had better things to do than hang around outside Kingmaker gigs..

Simon Hayes Budgen said...

It's true - but he is *still* Loz Hardy from Kingmaker. Even now. Unless the Department of Justice took pity and gave him a new identity.

I like to think of him as being a bit like Les from Creme Brulee - "aah, I used to play a bit, back in the day. Was on the cover of the NME once or twice... you probably haven't heard of us, you young'uns..."

Post a Comment

As a general rule, posts will only be deleted if they reek of spam.