Monday, February 07, 2011

Jay Kay can't listen to the radio

Modern music? Ooh, it's just rubbish, I don't know how young people can listen to it, says great uncle Jay Kay:

"There's just too much manufactured nonsense for me these days - lads in boybands who are getting a wage from the label.

"I consider myself very lucky indeed to have had the career I have. I listen to the radio now and you can't tell artists apart."
And there's no tunes any more, and you can't make out the words. And the clothes they wear! Like nothing you've ever seen. What time is Countdown on?

Actually, we do agree with him on one point: he is bloody lucky to have had the career he did.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Getting older can be tough, what you have to remember is that there were no boybands back when Jamiroquai first got big in 1994. I mean, not unless you count Take That, Boyzone, East 17, Boyz II Men, Bad Boyz Inc, EYC, MN8, All 4 One, PJ and Duncan, Worlds Apart or Let Loose.

Post a Comment

As a general rule, posts will only be deleted if they reek of spam.