Monday, March 21, 2011

Wyclef Jean: Not shot?

Yesterday, Jeff Jarvis seemed to be grumping that mainstream media had used the word "shot" in headlines about Wyclef Jean, despite the bullet only grazing his hand - personally speaking, if a bullet has been close enough to do me any damage, I'm going to say I've been shot.

Turns out, though, that the facts might be on Jarvis' side. Not because of 'not shot enough' pedantry, but because Jean wasn't shot at all, according to Haiti police:

Jean said, “The way I can explain it is that the bullet grazed me in my right hand. I heard blow, blow, blow and I just looked at my hand.” Doctors at the hospital where he was patched up and ace-bandaged beg to differ. Police chief Vanel Lacroix told Reuters he, “met with the doctor who saw him and he confirmed Wyclef was cut by glass.”
The Fader reckons that this might be Haiti police trying to play down election violence. It's probably a question of who you trust the most.


No comments:

Post a Comment

As a general rule, posts will only be deleted if they reek of spam.