Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Liam Gallagher: music critic

Have you ever wondered what Liam Gallagher thinks about Radiohead? No, of course not. It'd be like wondering what a shrimp thinks about lobsters, wouldn't it? But he's going to tell us anyway:

I've never even heard 'OK Computer', but anything by Radiohead doesn't make much sense to me. Everyone's going on about Radiohead pushing things forward, but the only thing they’re famous for really is songs like 'Creep' innit?

They then go off-roading for the rest of their career. I just don't get it. I mean, we've all written songs like 'Creep', y’know, them classic songs. So that’s what makes them what they are. 'Karma Police' is alright, but it's The Beatles, innit?
Yes, that's Liam Gallagher, out of Oasis, having a pop at Radiohead for sounding a bit like The Beatles.

Still, it's an interesting viewpoint: apparently everyone talks about Radiohead's avant garde side, but at the same time people only know of Radiohead's Creep. I say "interesting"; I mean incoherent.


No comments:

Post a Comment

As a general rule, posts will only be deleted if they reek of spam.