Friday, April 06, 2012

The illustrated Friends

You might remember that a couple of Crucifixion Bank Holidays back I did a thing which illustrated Hello by the Beloved. Of course you don't remember, but pretend. Okay?

Well, a few months back Paul Wells dropped me an email suggesting that there was another song that could benefit from the same treatment. Friends.

No, no, no, not that Friends.

This one, in fact:

Friends, by Adam And The Ants, from Dirk Wears White Sox.

Which seems like a nice way to spend a couple of days off.

Here's those lyrics in full:

I'm a friend of mr. pastry
I'm a friend of allen jones
I'm a friend of shirley bassey
I'm a friend of your chromosomes

I'm a friend of stuart sutcliffe
I'm a friend of michael miles
I'm a friend of jim morrison
I'm a friend of nobby stiles

I'm a friend of a friend of a friend of a friend
I'm a friend of a friend but you don't know me
I'm a friend of a friend of a friend of a friend
And if I come on the night
Can I get in free?


I'm a friend of michael jackson
I'm a friend of mr spock
I'm a frend of dr kildare
I'm a friend of the woodentops

I'm an old friend of charles hawtrey
I'm a friend of michael caine
I'm a friend of stanley spencer
I'm a friend of big john wayne

I'm a friend of stevie wonder
I'm a friend of erich fromm
I'm a friend of bryan ferry
I'm a friend of terence stamp

Let's see if we can't find something interesting for each of these friends. over the weekend.

[Buy: Dirk Wears White Sox]


3 comments:

paul wells said...

Good luck. It'll be interesting to see wat you pull out of the bag for Mr Pastry..

James said...

Huzzah! I love these. Apologies that it's a bit obvious, but I've got my fingers crossed that Madness' finest song will be appearing to represent Michael Caine (and I've got everything crossed that if Haysi Fantayzee appear for John Wayne, that you can track down the TOTP appearance which included John Peel's enthusiastic response)

Happy Easter!

PeterD said...

I like the beloved one, looking forward to this.

Post a Comment

As a general rule, posts will only be deleted if they reek of spam.