Sunday, June 17, 2012

Usher has high hopes

Usher is going to play Sugar Ray Robinson in a forthcoming film. He's already trying to attract the attention of the the Academy:

''I've seen Oscar winners come out of left field. I'm just saying Jennifer Hudson..." said the 33-year-old.
Yes, Usher hopes to win an Oscar. And why shouldn't he? I dream of this post winning a Pulitzer. I think the difference is one of us knows that it isn't going to happen.

It's not even a film about Robinson - Hands Of Stone is actually about Roberto Duran.

Or, if you listen to Usher, it's a film about Usher:
"I'm going into it offering my interpretation and my hard work and my dedication to be the best Sugar Ray ever."
I know what you're thinking: surely Sugar Ray Robinson is the best Sugar Ray Robinson ever, right?

Usher, though, would seem to be be saying "we'll see about that":
"I've spoken to him, and I don't know if I'll ever be able to live up to him but I'll try to be better than him."
Yes, you might have spotted some humility creep in halfway through that quote, but thank God Usher was able to stop that worrying trend and get back to deciding that he's actually going to be better at being someone than the actual person ever was.


No comments:

Post a Comment

As a general rule, posts will only be deleted if they reek of spam.