Tuesday, July 31, 2012

No Joke: Jaz Coleman is missing

Last week, Jaz Coleman was being grumpy about being forced to tour with The Mission and The Cult. Now, apparently, he's gone missing. That's what the band's official Facebook presence claims, anyway:

Official Statement

A statement was posted on Facebook, reputedly by our singer, maligning both The Cult and The Mission and pulling us out of the shows.
He is now AWOL and has not contacted any of his band mates.

We are deeply embarrassed by this and offer our sincere apologies to all involved.

We are all concerned about our missing singer's welfare.

Killing Joke made a collective decision to play with The Cult and The Mission in September.

It was agreed by all of the band that we would do these shows. Indeed, we thought that they were something to look forward to, even though they were downsized.

We would still like to honour our commitment to this tour, the other bands, and all the Gatherers and people who have already bought tickets and made travel arrangements.

If this proves not possible, Killing Joke will make alternative arrangements to compensate for the trouble caused.

Meanwhile we are doing everything we can to make this tour happen and locate our missing singer.

KILLING JOKE
Amongst the band's fans, there seems to be a split over if this is something to be seriously worried about, or merely some sort of stunt. There's a lot of furious pointing to a similar vanishing back in 1982, which Coleman explained - sort of - in his autobiography:
The day I woke up in Iceland, I decided to become a composer for symphony orchestra in order to fully comprehend the workings of the universe. I have recently calculated that I could have quite realistically continued doodling on the piano for another 15-20 years if I had not conversed with my Holy Guardian Angel (or the true location of my genius, for want of a secular description). The subsequent knock-on effect of this very painful process was beyond my powers of explanation at that particular time. Indeed I do not truly believe it would have got me any further if I had explained to Youth and Big Paul. While I regret the hurt I caused, I would point out that if it had not been for this division, Youth would not have suddenly accelerated in the skills of production, making him the great producer he is today.


No comments:

Post a Comment

As a general rule, posts will only be deleted if they reek of spam.