Sunday, September 02, 2012

24 Hours from David: 13. Say A Little Prayer



Writing songs which can be taken to pieces and rebuilt on the other side of the river, while retaining their recognition. That's the mark of quality, that is. This is Bomb The Bass.

[Buy: To All The Girls I've Loved Before]
[Part of 24 Hours from David]

UODATE: Originally, I'd said "(Young people: Bomb The Bass were led by Mark Moore, who was pretty much Professor Green dressed by Bet Lynch.)" But as James points out in the comments, I'd muddled up my Simenon and Moore. Consider the error regretted.


2 comments:

James said...

I'm preparing to have my 'ass' 'handed' to me here (as I believe our transatlantic cousins say), but wasn't Mark Moore the man behind S-Express, whilst Bomb the Bass was Tim Simenon? Apologies if I'm wrong - It has been known to happen...

Oh, and great choice of cover here - I remember seeing a wonderful performance of this on Top of the Pops, brilliantly stripped back again, with none of the trademark flashing lights, just a reel-to-reel tape machine spooling away in the background.

Simon Hayes Budgen said...

Nope, you're quite right - I was getting my 'socially acceptable faces of dance music' muddled up...

Post a Comment

As a general rule, posts will only be deleted if they reek of spam.