Thursday, November 22, 2012

Fiona Apple cancels her tour

You'd have to have a heart of stone - the coldest, coldest stone - to not have a lump in your throat when you read Fiona Apple's note cancelling her tour dates:

"I will not be the woman who puts her career ahead of love and friendship. I am the woman who stays home and bakes Tilapia for my dearest, oldest friend.

"Many of us these days, we dread the death of a loved one. It is the ugly truth of Life, that keeps us feeling terrified and alone. I wish we could also appreciate the time that lies right beside the end of time.

"I know that I will feel the most overwhelming knowledge of her, and of her life and of my love for her, in the last moments. I need to do my damnedest to be there for that.

"Because it will be the most beautiful, the most intense, the most enriching experience of life I've ever known."
Janet, the rescue dog she's had since she was four months old (since the dog was, not since Fiona was), is terribly ill with a tumour.

What better day than thanksgiving to hug your friends, whether they have two or four legs, or more, or fewer?


No comments:

Post a Comment

As a general rule, posts will only be deleted if they reek of spam.