Thursday, February 21, 2013

Slayer, drummer part ways

I sort-of have a vague but distant family interest in who drums for Slayer, so am interested to hear that the tiny stool behind the big kit is vacant again.

Dave Lombardo has discovered that - according to his Facebook page - the band were being diddled:

"As of the end of the business day on February 14th, I was notified that I would not be drumming for the tour in Australia. I'm saddened, and to be honest I am shocked by the situation.

"Last year, I discovered 90% of Slayer's tour income was being deducted as expenses including the professional fees paid to management, costing the band millions of dollars and leaving 10% or less to split amongst the four of us.

"Last Monday, I sat down with Kerry and Tom to rehearse for Australia and to propose a new business model that I felt was the best way forward for Slayer to confidently protect itself so we could do what we do best...play for the fans. Kerry made it clear he wasn’t interested in making changes and said if I wanted to argue the point, he would find another drummer. On Thursday, I arrived at rehearsals at 1 pm as scheduled, but Kerry did not show. Rather, at 6:24 pm I received an email from the lawyers saying I was being replaced for the Australian dates."
This is the second time Lombardo has left Slayer. Last time it was about not earning enough, too.


No comments:

Post a Comment

As a general rule, posts will only be deleted if they reek of spam.