Saturday, February 08, 2014

Coyne calls Beck a dick; Beck's kind of a dick about it

Beck and The Flaming Lips went out on tour together, and Beck thought they were having a good time. But then... well, then things turned sour:

The 'Loser' singer hired The Flaming Lips to support him on tour in 2002 but frontman Wayne Coye criticised him after the gigs, describing him as a ''d**k'', which led Beck to believe he wasn't liked in the industry.

He said: ''I really don't know [why he said that]. I was very surprised, because I have a videotape of the last night where they were saying, 'I love you, this tour has changed our lives, you're a brother', so it really messed my head up. I went around for a year thinking people hated me.''
For a year. Based on one word in one interview from one man.

The tour, by the way, happened in 2002.

He then continues to pick away at it:
He added in an interview with MOJO Magazine: ''Wayne probably sensed I'm the kind of guy who cares what people think, that I don't come off as some asshole rock-star type.

''What he didn't know was that I was really sick during the tour, I had some condition and I barely had the strength to pick up a guitar.

''So after the shows, I had to go to my bunk and sleep. One show, I got food poisoning so I delayed it half an hour, which he probably thought was theatrical. But we had a good time! I was hoping afterwards that we'd do a record together.''
You know what, Beck? It's probably this sort of churning over something which happened a spaniel's lifetime ago that made Coyne think you were a dick in the first place.

Coming tomorrow: Beck on why that third-grade teacher who said he was disruptive had failed to take account of the weather conditions on the day.


4 comments:

Safiya Outlines said...

To be fair, Beck did write an entire album about one break-up, so he has form for being one of life's more sensitive flowers.

Anonymous said...

Jesus Christ, whoever wrote this diatribe of an "article" probably would love to have Wayne Coyne shit in their mouth for pleasure.

Anonymous said...

@Safiya Outlines

Yes, a break up album about a woman who he dated for nearly a decade and was having an affair with another musician while he was on tour. Surely nobody would be depressed about that shit unlike you, a heartless faggot.

Erin said...

Beck is so obviously on the autism spectrum. It's a shame his people feel like they have to hide it.

Post a Comment

As a general rule, posts will only be deleted if they reek of spam.